Timings : Friday 2:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Duration : 10 Weeks
Fee : QAR 500.00
Uniform : QAR 30.00
At the end of the course, the students will be able to:
- To learn basic skills required to navigate AUTOCAD.
- To introduce AutoCAD commands and short cut commands.
- To practice drawing different 2D and 3D drawing models .
- To focus on basic drafting techniques and is structured to suit users across a broad range
- To create an output from model screen to paper screen using the layouts and prepare a title block and explore different viewports.
The student was given a soft copy of AutoCAD basic course and advanced materials for them read in advance and study the course so to familiarized and orient themselves of their newly installed AutoCAD softwares.
- Checking of registration forms.
- Completion of student’s list
- Student’s Handbook
- Introduction of the course
- Installation of software.
- Completion of student’s list for late enrollees
Topics for week 2: Getting Started with AutoCad
- X-Y Co-ordinate System, Inputting Points, The AutoCAD Screen, Basic AutoCAD Terminology Intro To Drawing
- Modifying Commands / Object Snaps (Trim Extent and Offset)
- Opening an Existing Drawing File.
- Cartesian Work space-Precision input.
- Viewing /Saving Drawing.
Topic Week 3: Organising and Creating Basic Drawings.
- Modifying Commands (Move Copy Stretch Mirror) (Rotate Fillet Chamfer Array (Layers Dimensions Text Scale) Direct Distance Entry And Object Tracking
a. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
b. What are Layers?
c. Layer States, Transparency
d. Changing an Object’s Layer
e. Drawing Lines, rectangles, circles, polygons, ellipses
f. Drawing Aids
- Using Running Object Snaps
- Using Object Snap Overrides
- Polar Tracking and Polar Snap
- Object Snap Tracking
- Grid Mode
- Erasing Objects
- Undo and Redo Actions
Topic for Week 4: CONTROL DISPLAY IN DRAWINGS
- Control display in drawings by changing the Properties Of Objects.
- Manipulate objects as desire Zooming And Panning around a Drawing.
- Show a common technique that is used a lot in drafting Orthographic Projection .
- Accurate Positioning parametric drawing working with Blocks.
- Setting up a Layout and Printing your Drawing
- Printing Concepts
- Working in Layouts; Copying layouts
- Creating Layout viewports; setting view in viewports to control layer display.
- Guidelnes for Layouts
Topic for Week 5: Text and Hatching
- Working with Annotations
- Setting up Text Styles
- Adding sinle line and Multiline text in Drawing.
- Adding Notes with Leaders to your Drawing
- Creating and Editing hatching
- Edit and Formmatting Multiline text.
- What are Blocks?
- Inserting Blocks with Design Centre.
- Editing and Write Blocks
- Removing Unused Elements and Adding blocks to Tool Palettes.
- Creating blocks with attributes
- Inserting Blocks with tool palettes.
Topic for Week 8: REVIEWING 2D COMMON COMMANDS
- 2d Common Commands
- Advanced Text Object
- External References
Topics for Week 9: How to Set-up Layers and Viewport
- Introduction To Sheet Sets
- System Setup
- Managing Plotting
- Customizing title block
Topic for Week 10: PERSPECTIVE / 3D VIEW
- Plan View
- Isometric View
Upon completing the course, participants will acquire the essential knowledge & core skills in the area of drafting & design. Participants will appreciate the simplistic and yet efficient use of AutoCAD 2018.
- Understanding the AutoCAD workspace and user interface.
- Using drawing, editing, constructing technique and viewing tools.
- Organizing and getting information from drawing objects.
- Inserting reusable symbols (blocks).
- Setting up layers, styles, and templates
- Preparing a layout to be plotted.
- Adding text, hatching, and dimensions.
- 3D viewing techniques and working with User Coordinate system
- Creating and editing 3D solid model
- Rendering the 3D model to enhance its appearance