Timings : Friday 11:00 AM - 02:00 PM
Duration : 10 Weeks
Fee : QAR 600.00
Uniform : QAR 30.00
At the end of the course, the students will be able to:
- Learn how to use the different kinds of tools used in repairing and cleaning of AC Units
- Able to learn the different internal and external parts of a window and split air-
- Learn what is the refrigerant cycle of air-conditioning system.
- Learn how to braze, flare and swaging the copper pipe also proper AC installations.
- Learn how to recharge or top up the refrigerant gas in air-conditioning system.
- Learn how to change the compressor of the window A/C and split A/C.
- Able to trouble shoot a defective split and window A/C.
- Able to find the basic common problems of a split and window A/C.
- Able to learn the safety procedures while repairing.
WHAT IS THE COURSE FOR?
- How is refrigeration cycle work in AC.
- Repairing of air-condition.
- Trouble shooting of the air-condition.
- Tools and instruments to be used.
- Brazing, Flaring and Swaging.
- Safety procedure.
LESSON 1: Learning the fundamentals principles of Refrigeration and Air conditioning
- Basic Refrigeration Cycles
- Four major components of refrigeration cycles and its functions.
- Spare parts and accessories of the system
- Basic principles of heat transfer
- What is Saturation point, Suction superheat and subcooling temperatures?
- Different types of Heating and cooling unit conversion and TONs capacity familiarization
LESSON 2: Window type and Split unit AC cooling operation.
- Short Quiz – from lesson 1 topic
- Types of compressor in window and split unit ac units.
- Familiarization of single -phase compressor motor and fan motor windings (CSR)
- How to read proper resistance readings of the motor, LRA, FLA and RLA meaning.
- Types of condenser and evaporator coil used in both units.
- Difference between window AC and Split type units wiring diagram.
LESSON 3: Basic tools, equipment familiarization and its usage.
- Short Quiz- from lesson 2 topic.
- Manifold gauge – how to read operating pressures and saturation temperatures (PT)
- Hygrometer or sling Psychrometer
- Clamp meter. Multi meter tester and thermometer
- Vacuum Pump, flaring, swaging tool and general hand tools.
- Different types of refrigerant gas in Airconditioning application and boiling point temp.
LESSON 4: Copper pipe preparation and Brazing principles
- Short Quiz- from lesson 3 topic
- Copper pipe flaring and swaging activity
- Common size of copper pipe for window AC and Split unit AC.
- What are the three (types) of brazing flames and its applications.
- Difference between brazing and soldering application.
- Safety procedures in using the oxygen and acetylene brazing activity.
- Safety Procedure of portable Butane gas blow torch usage.
- Types of brazing filler rod and its application.
LESSON 5: Actual Brazing of Copper pipe
- Short Quiz – from lesson 4 topic.
- Proper PPEs to be wear (eye goggle, hand gloves and Mask) and TBT
- General hand tools, brazing Set and Fire extinguisher
- Silver brazing filler rod (for copper-to-copper pipe joint application)
- Flaring and swaging of pipe
- Brazing activity and house keeping
LESSON 6-7: Proper Diagnostic, Trouble shooting, Maintenance and Repair.
- Short Quiz- from lesson 5 topic
- Window and Split unit AC not cooling.
- Current drawn amperes and pressure readings
- Water dripping and evaporator frost formations.
- Refrigerant Gas leakages
- System pump down meaning and procedures.
- How to perform system flushing and leak testing.
- System dehydration and evacuation
- Refrigerant gas charging, checking supply air off coil and return temperatures.
- How to check compression ratio of the compressor.
- Suction superheat and subcooling temperatures.
- Condenser and evaporator approach.
- Electrical controls and power circuits diagram
- wiring installation, Capacitors and Magnetic contactors wiring diagram.
- Thermostat and surface thermometer diagram.
- PPM checklist and procedures.
LESSON 8: Actual Trade Test for Copper Brazing
- Short Quiz- from lesson 6 & 7 topic
- Tool - Box talk and safety procedures.
- Preparation of brazing set and tools
- Actual copper brazing trade test
LESSON 9-10: FINALS / PRACTICAL TEST
- Major components of Refrigeration Cycle and its function.
- Identification of spare parts, tools and equipment.
- System reprocessing procedures.
- Proper Refrigerant charging and ideal running pressures
- Trouble shooting
- Maintenance procedures.